7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
John Roberts is currently seeking a Prepress Desktop Operator. This position is primarily responsible for performing desktop operations on customer’s electronic files. Handling questions and problems impacting desktop or related processes. Acting as a liaison between customers and sales/sales support staff to determine customers’ expectations and satisfy customers’ needs. Staying up to date on current and emerging industry technologies.
- Pre-flight customer files.
- Make file corrections as requested.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, prepress operators, press operators, CSR, scheduling, and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Working knowledge of pre-press software including Kodak Prinergy, EFI Metrix and Pitstop.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of color theory, color correction and photo retouching a plus.
- Working knowledge of printing and finishing production operations.
- Follow and train others to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Plan and organize electronic files and prepare job for final output.
- Coordinate with Pre-flight Operators and Prep Press Manager to determine and plan work flow.
- Coordinate and exchange verbal and written information about projects, SOP’s, and customers’ requirements.
John Roberts Company has been named a top workplace in the printing industry for over 17 years.
Join a progressive company that offers competitive pay, benefits and excellent career opportunities and advancement. Workout facility onsite! Candidates must pass pre-employment physical/drug screen and background check
Applicants are welcome to apply within or through our web site.
The John Roberts Company
Attention Debby Boyd
9687 East River Road
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Apply for Desktop Operator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly