Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a full time Admissions Nurse. This position will be based out of our PHS of Bloomington campus, and, in addition to managing Admissions for Bloomington, will remotely support admissions for our Castle Ridge campus in Eden Prairie and our Folkestone campus in Wayzata. This multi-community support is a newly created role and will report to the Regional Director of Clinical Services for these campuses.
While the hours for this position are typically daytime hours, we do seek a candidate with flexibility of start and end times and availability to work every other weekend. Experience with admissions in Long Term Care and TCU as well as experience partnering with both a variety of referral sources as well as internal nursing staff essential.
The Admissions Nurse is responsible for providing high quality patient/resident care services and to increase their satisfaction by facilitating and managing all aspects of the nursing admission process including: assessment of patients/residents upon admission for appropriateness of admission, coverage and level of care determination; communication with internal staff regarding coverage and contract details; proactively work with multidisciplinary team to manage care, costs and discharge planning; and utilization review for all payer types, including Medicare, Managed Care and other third party payer systems.
- Registered nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she practices.
- Bachelor's degree with previous admissions/or intake experience preferred. Long term care, acute care or subacute experience, preferred
- Knowledge of MDS, payer systems and contracts (Medicare, HMO's, Managed Care, Third Party Payer Systems)
- Demonstrated organizational skills and abilities to handle multiple priorities accurately and time to facilitate customer and program needs.
- Experience in human relations, sensitivity to persons in crisis, good listening skills. Ability to handle inquiries and relate well with referral sources, prospective patients/residents and families, and to handle confidential information and admission records
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs, including but not limited to weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.