Director of Admissions and Recruitment
POSITION: Director of Admissions and Recruitment (PCN 01013527)
CLASSIFICATION: MnSCU Academic Supervisor 2
STARTING DATE: Approximately January 2, 2018
APPOINTMENT: Full time, Unlimited, Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $26.54-$38.43/hour ($55,416-$80,242/annual)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by November 19, 2017. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Responsible for the management and supervision of admissions and recruitment department processes and personnel. This responsibility includes active involvement, in a hands-on capacity, in student recruitment, development and implementation of enrollment processes, supervision of admissions and recruitment personnel, and implementation of college/system policies related to admissions. The Director of Admissions and Recruitment works with all departments and programs and in particular, with college marketing and Information Center operations, to improve the processes of attracting and enrolling students at the college.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (health, manufacturing, engineering, etc.), specific general education discipline, education, or student services related
- Five years of college student services or related business experience
- Three years of supervision experience in education or business
- Demonstrated written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Master's degree, such as counseling, educational administration, or student services related degree
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet development and use, database use, CRM use
- Knowledge of current technologies in communication; including social networking, IP video, chat
- Knowledge of federal, state, and system legal regulations relating to students
- Demonstrated cultural competencies to lead increasing commitment to a diverse student population
- Bilingual, with Spanish as a preferred second language
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective facilitation and conflict management skills
- Effective motivation skills
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources. Click on Academic Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach a letter of application, electronic resume, with references, and copies of your unofficial transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Incomplete application packages will not be reviewed.
Shari Maloney; Phone: (320) 762-4466; Fax: (320) 762-4501; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandria Technical and Community College is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment.
This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.