Associate Vice President for Operations/Chief Financial Officer
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for the overall accounting, purchasing and finance functions of the college, including short-term and long-range financial planning; overseeing the operations of accounting services, student finance, bookstore and food services and for the supervision of the managers/directors of those departments; fraud risk assessment and monitoring internal accounting controls; financial reporting, financial and compliance audits, and the implementation of audit recommendations for the college; coordinating the annual and biennial budget process for the college. Directly accountable and responsible to the Executive Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or related field and six years of professional accounting experience.
- CPA certification or a master’s degree in related field.
- Strong knowledge of procedures and methods of a large accounting system.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, techniques and the laws and regulations regarding accounting procedures.
- Management experience in the areas of budgeting and auditing.
- Experience in operational and strategic planning, policy development and financial analysis.
- Three years of experience in a financial supervisory role.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the college.
- Excellent computer software skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access), email & electronic calendar (Outlook) and excellent keyboarding skills.
- Seven or more years of professional accounting experience.
- Higher education experience in a comparable position.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary based on directly related experience and credentials. May be eligible for a salary increase after six months. Full-time, benefited position. Comprehensive fringe benefit package including TIAA retirement plan and full coverage for family health insurance. Click here for full employee benefits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 22, 2017. To submit your application materials, click the Apply button. Complete the online application and upload a cover letter, resume, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date.)
STARTING DATE: January 2, 2018, or sooner.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record and credit check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PO Box 5587
1700 Schafer St.
Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531 - 800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.