Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
JOB SUMMARY Leads and supervises the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Accounts Receivable department. This includes daily review and tracking of various bank accounts, borrowings, and deposits. Maintains, updates and participates in the reporting of department vital factors. Plays a key role in the implementation of various strategic initiatives to improve efficiencies. Coaches and leads team members in their individual growth and development.
- Responsible for supervising the accounts receivable & cash management functions of the organization.
- Oversee monthly receivables close process to ensure timely completion according to department deadlines.
- Ensure proper controls are in place for all cash received across all various applications.
- Posts monthly transactions to company’s ledger account and prepares various reconciliations.
- Drives departmental vital factors to ensure the team is operating efficiently.
- Participates and lead in department projects, and serves an active role in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Works closely with the credit department to ensure all cash applications are being made timely and accurately to customer accounts.
- Leads and champions process improvement initiatives in line with the strategic plan for the department.
- Coaches and leads department staff in their ongoing training and development.
- Coordinates with other functions of the accounting & finance teams to deliver on cross-functional tasks.
- Assists the AP/AR Manager with various audit information requests, as well as annual budgeting.
- Assists in the development & execution of training manuals & procedures for the department.
- Minimum of a four-year accounting or business-related degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred, with a minimum of five years related to accounting/accounts receivable duties.
- Strong knowledge of treasury tools as it relates to accounts receivable and cash application.
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, delegate, & follow up.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Internet, Email, and SAP software.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?