Sr Accountant, External Financial Reporting
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - EXTERNAL FINANCIAL REPORTING
About This Opportunity
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an External Financial Reporting Senior Accountant, you'll be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operational accounting related to (1) treasury activities including debt, interest rate swaps, and investment management, and (2) risk management, along with conducting situational accounting consultations and processing key month-end journal entries
- Researching emerging accounting standards that will impact Target's treasury and risk management accounting activities. You will lead cross functional teams to implement new processes required to comply with new standards and to ensure accurate financial reporting. Additionally, you will be responsible for presenting key findings to leaders across the Company.
- Working with our team to prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, footnotes, debt ratios and covenants, and MD&A for shareholders and the SEC.
- Work with internal and external assurance teams to complete their procedures related to internal controls and financial reporting.
- Preparing special reports and analyses for management. You will determine key issues and need to explain complex financial issues to management in a simplified manner.
- Maintaining flexibility, awareness and understanding of internal and external reporting issues to function as a backup for other department processes.
- Conducting special projects as needed by senior finance leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years public accounting experience with a large CPA firm or relevant financial reporting experience with a public company.
- Strong accounting skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to research technical accounting matters
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision, prioritize work to achieve objectives, initiate and complete projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong Excel, Word and database program skills within Windows environment.
- Financial reporting experience