Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $50,000 - $60,000 based on qualifications
Responsible for meeting or exceeding group sales targets for assigned territory or markets as well as supporting all group and catering sales. Actively and consistently prospect and develop new and existing accounts. Responsible for maintaining client contact to establish occupancy and revenue-maximizing strategies for the property. Develop proposals, contracts, group resumes, catering details for client review and approval. Provide convention and catering materials to clients or prospective clients and establish payment and billing processes.
- Initiate action plan to approach and secure new business with focus on groups (conventions, associations, banquets, etc.). Actively and consistently prospect and develop new and existing accounts to achieve goals through telephone calls, marketing and outside sales calls, tours of facilities and email/written communications. Achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Propose creative strategies to increase sales.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, catering/banquet services and other ancillary revenues. Responsible for driving guest loyalty by delivering excellent service throughout each guest experience.
- Directly manage and coordinate client accounts. Actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Distribute information to all departments regarding needs and requirements of groups, meetings and events taking place. Coordinate with multiple departments including Catering Sales, Food & Beverage, Hotel, etc. Prepare sales proposals, contracts, group resumes, reports, etc.
- Adhere to sales and catering processes and systems.
- Develop and promote casino/hotel image and awareness by industry events, tradeshows, etc.
- Combination of post-secondary education in sales, marketing, hospitality or related course work and/or direct hotel or convention meeting space sales experience to equal three years.
- Basic math skills to compute pricing, discounts, mark-ups, etc.
- Excellent PC knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products and catering software management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of safety and fire codes.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Outside work 20% of time.
- Some travel required - 20%.