Pre-Award Senior Associate
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
• In cooperation with the Director, maintains a portfolio of major institutional grant prospects and works to translate those into extramural support to the University.
• Advises faculty and program leaders on appropriate funding opportunities, interpreting funder interest and assessing alignment with University mission and priorities.
• Works with teams or individual faculty/staff to develop, write, edit, prepare, and submit proposals, as assigned. Ensures that all requirements in the development and submission of proposals are executed.
• Manage internal pre-award administration and serve as liaison between SPREE and Academic Professional
• Development Committee. Involves grant program communications, application processes, materials coordination, and proposal review for faculty.
• Supports grant-seeking and proposal development by faculty/staff/ students by offering education and training via workshops, classroom visits, 1:1 and departmental meetings.
• Builds and maintains relationships with funding agencies, working regularly with Director to manage distribution of relationships assignments based on project workload.
• Serves as liaison between the University and professional organizations and networks relevant to the work of the office, including research administration and compliance and grant seeking and grant making at state, regional, and national levels.
• Support Director and Assistant Director on metrics analysis and reporting.
• Manage SPREE Annual Report process including content development, working with MarComm to design/copy revisions, and distribution.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of three years of successful grant writing or fundraising, preferred experience in higher education/academic setting is necessary.
• Prior experience with prospect research and funding search tools (e.g., iWAVE, Banner, Pivot, Foundation Search, etc.) is a must.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite, Smartsheet, online submission software
• Ability to carry complex projects from start to finish, juggle multiple projects, and set priorities.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, strong attention to detail.
• Ability to meet the needs of diverse external and internal customers, including faculty, staff, students, and administration.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable individuals who enjoy working a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the university's Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to apply for this position. Position number is #201700100-Staff. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application deadline is November 20, 2017.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org