Housekeeping Services Assistant - Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Folkestone in Wayzata is seeking a Full Time Housekeeping Services Assistant for its team. This position may include working every other weekend and scheduled holidays. This a Full Time benefit eligible position working 40 hours per week. Presbyterian Homes & Services provides great and competitive benefits which include; health and dental insurance, company matched retirement plan, education assistance and opportunities for career growth within the organization.
Folkestone opened its doors in the Fall of 2013 with 148 independent living apartments along with offering a full continuum of care including 58 assisted living/enhanced assisted living, 18 memory care, and 30 care center suites. Folkestone currently provides premier senior living within The Promenade of Wayzata complemented by a public park, walkways, condominium development and over 32 thousand feet of retail and office space.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The housekeeping services staff is responsible for maintaining and assuring uncompromising levels of cleanliness in work areas, buildings and grounds. The housekeeping services staff is responsible for maintaining an attractive and comfortable home in an environment consistent with regulations and established policies and procedures.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• General cleaning, floor care, washing, sanitizing, polishing furniture/fixtures, waste removal, stocking supplies, cleaning windows, collecting laundry from resident rooms and designated areas, sorting, labeling, washing, drying and distributing linens, and resident personal clothing per assigned schedule, ironing articles as required, inspecting laundry and linen, informing supervisor of replacement needs for communication with residents/families, and other duties as assigned.
• Ensure that housekeeping and laundry supplies are replenished in work areas.
• Ensure that equipment, tools, and supplies are cleaned and properly stored at the end of each shift.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, coworkers, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to take direction, prioritize duties, and organize work with others.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.