Heatset Web Pressman Heidelberg Web
Produces printed materials by studying job specifications; setting-up, operating, adjusting, controlling, and maintaining printing equipment.
* Understands printing job requirements by studying job specifications; assessing requirements for offset lithography; organizing job sequence; retrieving/ordering required ink and paper; inspecting printing plates and cylinder;
* Sets-up printing presses by loading stock and adjusting for size; setting feedboard, side guides, register board, and delivery mechanism; mounting and setting printing plates and cylinders; adjusting pressures and tensions; loading and setting inking mechanism; setting computer controls.
* Establishes printing quality by pulling proof copies; adjusting ink distribution, speed, and drying temperatures.
* Maintains production and quality by inspecting random production samples; loading paper; adjusting settings and controls; correcting jams and tears.
* Minimizes downtime by troubleshooting stoppages and breakdowns; calling for maintenance assistance.
* Shuts-down printing presses by removing ink and paper; cleaning parts and components; returning paper and ink to stock.
* Ensures press operation by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains press supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating supplies requirements; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Completes bindery requirements by operating cutters, collators, banders, staplers, drills, etc.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Functional and Technical Skills, Command Skills, Management Proficiency, Planning, On-Call, Productivity, Results Driven, Deadline-Oriented, PC Proficiency, Judgment