Sr Designer - Beauty
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: JOIN US AS A SR. DESIGNER - BEAUTY Supports and owns Owned Brand product brands and/or categories that achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. Under the overall direction of Design leadership, supports and owns an assigned category, brand, business or guest segment and manages own process and calendar.As a Sr. Designer - Beauty, you'll take the lead as you….
- Manage product development process from ideation to execution
- Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with business partners, team members and CFTs
- Partner with buyers and merchant partners to identify business needs and create products to support financial goals
- Cultivate strategic creative relationships with existing and new vendor partners
- Share trend reports and competitive insights with core team
- Prepare product positioning memos for marketing, education, PR detailing creative concept, product claims, key selling points and ingredient definitions. This is used to create consumer facing marketing / communications materials.
- Support and own product, brand, trend and guest research
- Has familiarity with the industry and knowledge of trends; is able to communicate a trend story
- Understands the brand aesthetic
- Support and own elements of the design process: identify trends and translate into products, ability to develop cross category color palettes,
- Translate ideas quickly working in a clear and logical way
- Support and own preparation of professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, formulation samples, and shade palettes
- Support and own brand cohesion; partners with peers across the division to ensure continuity
- Support and own product designs for merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
- Support and own design concept throughout production process.
- Support and own collaborating with TD and TSS to identify, troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
- Work with Production to maintain design concept through out production process.
- Input and maintain accurate information in a PLM system.
- 4 year Design, Fine Art or similar degree.
- Minimum 3-8 years of experience.
- Computer design system skills including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in CAD illustration
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability.
- Understanding of textiles, garment construction/fit or raw materials & product production.
- Experience assimilating product feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to research and apply market/trend information.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.