Associate Scientist - Product Design & Development
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS AN ASSOCIATE PRODUCT SCIENTIST - PRODUCT DESIGN & DEVELOPMENTDevelop and continuously improve industry leading product formulations and materials for Target Brands.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Associate Product Scientist, you'll take the lead as you…
- Under the direction of Sr. Scientists, participate in technical research on formulation and materials.
- Participate in ethnographic research to develop empathy for users and understand how products are used in their natural settings.
- Create product level technical strategies for formulation and materials based on business goals.
- Develop product specifications for industry leading formulations and materials.
- Evaluate product samples and communicate quality differences to the cross functional team.
- Recommend manufacturing partners, and collaborate with manufacturing partners to ensure products meet quality and price guidelines.
- Identify and resolve testing issues during the development process.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable government regulatory requirements, safety protocols and Target performance standards for products across assigned categories.
- Understand benchmarks for specified owned brands to continuously evaluate and compare Target products to that of the competition and ensure Target product meets or exceeds the performance of competitors' product.
- Partner with Target Compliance and Quality Teams to develop performance testing protocols.
- Create product technical specifications and product quality standards.
- Research and develop innovative product solutions that may include raw materials, constructions, manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and trainings to remain current on industry material innovation, manufacturing practices, and regulation changes.
- 4-year college degree in a science or technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 - 4 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of applicable raw materials and their performance and usage.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate business and technical details across various departments levels.
- Exhibits a basic knowledge of product formulation and manufacturing.