Presbyterian Homes & Services - Johanna Shores in Arden Hills, MN is seeking a full time Admissions Nurse (RN/LPN) for its team.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
About this Community
On the shores of Lake Johanna, a beautiful, wooded lakeside setting gives Johanna Shores a distinctly natural backdrop. Not far from either Minneapolis or St. Paul, this large community of dedicated staff offers a peaceful and refreshing place to work.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking (heated underground parking available for a monthly fee)
- Discounted employee meals
- Free Fitness Center access
- Onsite gift shop
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, and Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care.
The Admissions Nurse is responsible for providing high quality patient/resident care services and to increase their satisfaction by facilitating and managing all aspects of the nursing admission process including: assessment of patients/residents upon admission for appropriateness of admission, coverage and level of care determination; communication with internal staff regarding coverage and contract details; proactively work with multidisciplinary team to manage care, costs and discharge planning; and utilization review for all payer types, including Medicare, Managed Care and other third party payer systems.
- RN or LPN with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she practices.
- Bachelor's degree with previous admissions/or intake experience preferred. Long term care, acute care or subacute experience, preferred
- Knowledge of MDS, payer systems and contracts (Medicare, HMO's, Managed Care, Third Party Payer Systems)
- Demonstrated organizational skills and abilities to handle multiple priorities accurately and time to facilitate customer and program needs.
- Experience in human relations, sensitivity to persons in crisis, good listening skills. Ability to handle inquiries and relate well with referral sources, prospective patients/residents and families, and to handle confidential information and admission records
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs, including but not limited to weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.