Customer Service Rep
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Works closely with Border States’ sales and marketing staff to meet and exceed branch sales and gross profit objectives. Actively participates in the marketing and sale of Border States’ products and services.
- Obtains orders and provides proactive customer service, sales and service functions including order entry, expediting, pricing and follow-up on customer inquiries as required.
- May develop quotations and request bid or performance bonds for customers within company profit objectives and guidelines.
- Provides timely follow-up on customer technical inquiries and requests.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provides input to Border States personnel on customer needs or concerns regarding pricing, products, competition and procedures.
- Coordinates with the Customer Financial Services staff to resolve customer billing concerns resulting from errors in pricing, shipping, delivery or other credit areas.
- Attends sales meetings and training programs as required. May assist with sales meetings and trade shows as needed.
- Provides input to the pricing and purchasing areas on product evaluations, code descriptions, inventory management, pricing development and other related functions.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 10-25 lbs. on a frequent basis, and/or move up to 0-10lbs on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and/or walking and occasional sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a two-year business or trade degree preferred, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of two years of prior customer service, City Desk or sales experience with strong knowledge of electrical products and systems preferred.
- Technical ability to understand electrical systems with a minimum of two years of prior electrical distribution experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Internet, email and SAP enterprise resource planning software.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?