Supply Chain Services Regional Coordinator - Northwest Region
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
Training for this role will be in Fargo, ND with permanent placement in Bismarck, ND Responsibilities
- This position requires the ability to work independently as well as perform in an environment of collaboration, teamwork, innovation, change management and problem solving. Ability to interact with customer and BSE personnel with a wide range of job Responsibilities. Requires attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to influence and guide teams towards results.
- Responsible for providing cross functional support to other members of the SCS and corporate departments with specific focus on reporting, quality assurance, customer focused technology tools, and customer specific projects.
- Serves as the first branch contact for four and five star customers within the region and is the liaison to appropriate SCS, corporate or branch personnel.
- Develops innovative solutions and methods to solve problems and assist with issue resolution for SCS customers within the region.
- Coordinate communications, action plans, projects and tasks with BSE Branches, Corporate Departments and SCS Customers.
- Coordinates and prepares data and reporting for customer core team meetings or business reviews.
- Develop documentation of reports, quality assurance tool and data sets to ensure clarity and the integrity of the reports/data.
- Represents the customer’s interests for the SCS team during periodic internal pricing and inventory meetings.
- Coordinates customer specific inventory, pricing, data loads and reporting needs with the appropriate corporate department for customers within the region.
- Facilitate and assists Branch, Business Development and Corporate Personnel with new agreement proposals and implementations.
- Provide project assistance and support on a wide variety of customer focused projects including backup support for customer technology and integration needs.
- Assists with Quality Assurance by monitoring and analyzing reporting tools and improving BSE’s performance with four and five star customers.
- Assists in the preparation, participates in, and assists with SCS customer corporate audits.
- Facilitates training on best practices and continuous improvement tools and techniques for four and five star customers including: Total Customer Cost Management (TCCM) tools and techniques, delivery date management, customer inventory control and technology and other innovative supply chain methods.
- Responsible for assuring that there is effective communication and follow through for all customers. Serves as backup for other SCS Operations members.
- Travel to BSE branches, customer locations, required training, and BSE planning meetings is required.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 20 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 0 - 20 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require frequent standing and/or walking and or constant sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a four-year business, communications, distribution or related degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Prefer a minimum of two years of prior customer service or sales experience with knowledge of business processes and procedures with a high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan, prioritize and organize.
- Prefer advanced working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?