Janitorial Supervisor (1st Shift)
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
The purpose of the Environmental Services Area Supervisor position is to prepare, direct, and supervise the custodial team in the cleaning of casino gaming areas and company facilities. This is done to assure the safety and well-being of guests and team members and to create an environment that is welcoming to the guests when they are gaming. The Environmental Services Area Supervisor consistently treats all guests and team members with the highest respect and professionalism, while responding to their needs and requests.
- Prepares, directs and supervises team assignments for the cleaning of company facilities.
- Inspects all gaming zones, public areas, team member areas, and company facilities according to written Guest Service and department cleaning service standards.
- Ensures optimum guest service delivery and positive guest interaction.
- Ensures that company and department policies and procedures are being followed by team members (cleaning service standards, appearance/grooming, personal conduct standards, guest service standards, safety, etc.).
- Coordinates team members to accomplish requested additional cleaning tasks (i.e. banquets, casino promotions, construction, guest requests, etc.).
- Supervises the wardrobe distribution function at LSC.
- Participates in the performance appraisal process, performs disciplinary actions, and is involved with terminations. Interviews, recommends hires and promotion of team members. This includes team member development to achieve a positive team member environment and job satisfaction.
- Supervises and assigns MaintiMizer and online maintenance work orders.
- Inspects storage areas, chemical closets, and inventory to ensure compliance with pre-determined levels and safety policies are being met.
- Supervises team members programs (team member incentives, mentor program, daily attendance program).
- Fills out reports as needed (i.e. injury reports, incident reports).
- Assists with security issues (thefts, lost and found, found money ie: tokens/coins/ticket-in & ticket out slot slips, etc.)
- Obtains and handles money from vending machines in casino restrooms (does not apply to LSC).
- Gives work direction and supervision to Environmental Services (ES) Supply Specialist as needed.
- Follows the company and department policy for blood-borne pathogens and HAZCOM. Responsible for the cleanup and disposal of all biohazard material and the exchange of sharp containers in restrooms with proper disposal.
- Supervises and ensures all company and manufacture safety guidelines are followed.
- Operates heavy equipment as needed.
Supervises and assigns clean-up operations of casino renovations (construction projects, slot projects, blackjack projects, bingo projects, etc.)
- Supervises the written safety procedures for HAZCOM (Hazardous Material Communications).
- Performs acting ES Shift Manager on duty, as needed, and Facility Custodian duties as needed.
- Distributes wardrobe at LSC.
- Driving is not an essential function of this job. In the event driving is required, team members must adhere to the driving standards determined by the Gaming Enterprise.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Two years specialized supervisor experience or two years building maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of HAZCOM and blood-borne pathogens.
- Excellent guest service skills
- Beginning experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, electronic mail software.
- Valid driver's license may be required with a good driving record (Mystic only)
This candidate will need to have working knowledge of heavy duty equipment, Buffers, Barnishers, Floor Extractors, and Floor Strippers.
We are currently hiring for 1st shift, however; this candidate will need flexable to work all shifts until fully trained.
1st shift: 7:00 - 3:30pm
2nd shift: 3:00 pm - 11:30pm
3rd shift: 10:30 pm - 7:00am
This candidate must be flexable to work amongst all shifts in the event that coverage is needed. Weekends and holidays will be required.