Twin Cities PBS (TPT) staff is a collection of analysts, story-tellers, planners, technologists, and creative minds on a common mission: to reach and inspire our communities to learn more, see more, BE more. The ideal candidate for this Grant Accountant role is an organized, collaborative, extremely detailed-oriented individual, with an interest in making an impact in our communities through public media.
POSITION TITLE: Grant Accountant
Responsible for fiscal management and compliance of grants, contracts, and grantor regulations. Assists with annual reporting including A-133 Single Audit, 990 preparations and maintaining internal controls.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain complete and accurate files for contract and grant awards received from federal, state, and local government agencies, private foundations, corporations and individuals to ensure compliance with grantor’s regulations and Uniform Grant Guidelines
- Prepares the Schedule of Federal Awards (A-133) and other financial reports to support expenditures of grant for submission in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the financial activity of each grant, including grant terms, budget, and restrictions to assure that all activities and reporting are within Funder and Agency guidelines
- Manage grant reporting requirements including billing terms and processing requests to collect funds
- Responds to internal/external questions or requests for information and issues that arise related to the grant data
- Maintains internal Grant database with grant award information
- Trains TPT staff on Uniform Grant Guidelines and funder requirements on an annual basis or when a new grant project starts
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Develops and prepares financial reports and statements as needed
- Assists in the preparation of the annual financial audit statements by preparing statement of Functional Expense, Schedule of Federal Award (A-133) and other schedules timely and accurately
- Prepares and collates information needed to complete the 990, 990T, MN and WI state filings along with MPTA and Friends of MPTA 990 forms
- Prepares annual UBIT tax calculation along with quarterly federal and state tax deposits
- Contributes to determining costs of business activity and creation of cost allocation rates based on cost accounting principles, industry standards and other external regulatory requirements.
- Provides support to staff in all levels of the organization to explain transactions, resolve discrepancies and provide analysis, ad hoc reports and queries for decision-making and accurate reporting.
- Prepares forecasts and reports on cash of restricted projects to maintain the required cash balance needs of the operation.
- Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.
- Provides backup support for other departmental accounting functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required, CPA preferred
- At least 5 years experience including 3 years working in a grant management capacity
- Previous federal and state grant experience and internal audit experience is desired
- Knowledge and understanding of OMB guidelines and A133 audits
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software is preferred
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel
- Must have the ability to multi-task, strong organizational and communication skills
- A strong aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving
- An energetic, self-starter and self-motivated individual
- Strong work ethic to work independently as well as working effectively as part of a team
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of Adaptive software, preferred.
- Previous non-profit experience desired.
If you have the necessary skills, please visit our Career Center at
http://www.tpt.org/careers/jobopenings/ to apply online.
About TPT: Founded in 1957, Twin Cities PBS is one of the most innovative public media organizations in
the country. Every day, TPT uses the power of media to advance the arts, spur learning, help young
people succeed and help adults age vitally. TPT’s programs and productions have been honored with
numerous national and regional awards. Click here to learn more about what we do.