Pharmacy Program Analyst
Closing Date: 11/28/2017
Job Class: State Program Administrator, Senior
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Administration Dept/214-MAPE
Division/Unit: Office of State Procurement/MMCAP
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $21.08-$32.24/per hour; $45,894-$67,317/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214/MAPE
The Office of State Procurement seeks a Pharmacy Program Analyst to provide support for the pharmaceutical contracting programs used by Minnesota Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP). MMCAP is a free, voluntary group purchasing organization for government healthcare facilities operated and managed by the Office of State Procurement in the Department of Administration. MMCAP's primary function is to provide a full range of pharmaceuticals to its participating facilities.
Job duties include:
- Manage and update pharmaceutical price and product changes to ensure MMCAP member facilities have accurate information.
- Continually review and analyze existing contracts and usage data from internal and external sources.
- Perform research and analysis to provide MMCAP facilities with the best value in purchasing pharmaceutical products.
- Develop and coordinate MMCAP's internal pharmaceutical product and price auditing programs to ensure program accuracy and to meet GPO industry quality assurance expectations.
- Support clinical pharmacy consulting services and support provided by MMCAP to its member facilities.
- Three years of experience working for a pharmacy benefit management company, a health insurance company handling pharmacy claims, a pharmaceutical wholesaler or GPO, or for any organization where pharmaceutical purchasing was a primary job duty.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and related procedures to organize and conduct a research project.
- Experience working with auditing programs, particularly with pharmaceuticals.
- Strong communication skills (writing and oral) to deliver complete and accurate documentation and make presentations of the data analysis and project findings.
- Strong computing skills in a PC environment (MS Office, etc.).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and analyze complex information and issues sufficient to identify and recommend solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines.
- Exceptional human relations skills to provide customer support to an array of MMCAP stakeholders.
- Degree or certification demonstrating a deep understanding of pharmaceutical products.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of the business needs of MMCAP facilities.
- Ability to independently determine good contracts and sources.
- Familiarity with the National Drug Code (NDC), pharmaceutical wholesale pricing strategies, and pharmacy contract pricing nomenclature.
Additional Requirements: **A successful candidate must pass an employer reference check**
It is the policy of Department of Administration that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check
Criminal History Check
Employment Reference Check
How to Apply:
Current SPA Senior employees in the Department of Administration interested in bidding on this position should email their interest to email@example.com.
INTEREST BIDS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 4:30 P.M., TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2017.
All other interested employees should apply on the State Careers' web site at http://www.mn.gov/careers. Job Posting #18093. Application deadline: 11/28/2017.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kf7zhnmchcy7c2z7