University Insights Manager
University Insights Manager
3 months ago
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 2017-3045
Department/Unit Marketing, Insights and Communications
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
Special Instructions Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a University Insights Manager position within the Marketing, Insights and Communications Department.
The University Insights Manager serves as a leader on the Insights & Analytics team, focusing on enhancing the University's understanding of key stakeholders, including prospective students and their families, current students, and alumni. This person will partner with Embedded Marketers and the Director of Insights & Analytics to align on prioritized questions, recommend and execute research, and deliver conclusions and actionable recommendations. They will be responsible for leveraging secondary and primary sources, both quantitative and qualitative in nature, to develop strong marketing messages and materials to excite people about St. Thomas.
1. Meet with clients and campus leadership to understand needs, and translate to development of research that will deliver actionable insights.
2. Design and execute primary research, including both qualitative and quantitative methods, managing several projects at once.
3. Gather and synthesize data, drawing insights from primary and secondary sources.
4. Deliver compelling results presentations that synthesize learning and recommended action steps in a clear and memorable way.
5. Foster broad empathy and understanding of students, prospective students, alumni, and other key communication targets.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, statistics, social sciences, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of professional experience conducting marketing research. Any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired.
- Strong background in marketing research using a broad array of methodologies, quantitative and qualitative.
- Natural curiosity, interest in learning, and comfort with qualitative and quantitative problem solving.
- Experience with field research, facilitation of focus groups, interviewing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate information and data, from multiple primary and secondary sources, into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written/visual) to create and deliver compelling insights and stories to clients and leadership.
- Excellent project management skills. Able to prioritize multiple projects with little assistance and execute programs and projects from start to completion.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than "Jobs at St. Thomas", the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Special Instructions to Candidates
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.