Doherty Staffing has partnered with an award-winning roofing company in their search for a full-time Payroll Specialist in Waite Park, MN. Qualified candidates must have 2 or more years' experience processing all aspects of payroll. This is a full-time position Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. Pay will be negotiated based on experience and skill set.
PAYROLL SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meeting and greeting job applicants
• Reviewing and processing necessary paperwork for all new hires
• Process hourly and salaried payroll timely and accurately: timecards, deductions, direct deposits and compensation changes.
• Maintenance of employee files and driver files
• Monitor all DOT Requirements to assure all employees are in compliance
• Process all necessary insurance documents for Workman's Compensation cases
• File and pay all weekly payroll taxes
• Responsible to plan and coordinate employee meetings, safety meetings, and other events
• Answer phones and greet visitors as needed
• Other duties as assigned
PAYROLL SPECIALIST REQUIREMENTS
• Associates degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or a related field.
• 2 years minimum of full-cyle payroll processing experience.
• 1-3 years experience in HR Benefit Administration is a plus.
• Excellent Computer skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word & Excel).
• Must have excellent organizational & analytical skills.
• Must be familiar with DOT Regulations or be willing to learn.
• Excellent math skills.
• Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
• Familiarity with Sage (Timberline) preferred but not necessary
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Strong time management skills and follow through.
• Effective verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in the workplace.
• Strong attention to detail