Project Manager- Last Mile Future Transportation
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Primary FunctionWork closely with Future Transportation leadership to assist in managing the Last Mile Delivery program, projects and iterative releases associated with the design, launch, improvements and sustainability of last mile capabilities across people, processes and technologies. Track issues, risks, metrics, and results across a diverse set of cross-functional process and technology teams, including Store Operations, Guest Relations, TTS, Marketing, OCM, L&D, Procurement, external vendors, and more. Deliver on the objectives within each space to support the overall future transportation strategy efficiently and effectively. The role requires a person who ispassionate about their work, has strong executional and collaborative abilities, and a continuous improvement mindset.About Future TransportationBe part of nimble and effective team focused on designing, launching and improving future capabilities related to the first, middle, and last miles of our supply chain, in support of the Global Supply Chain & Logistics vision. Leverage people, process, technology and data to improve the Target Guest experience through differentiated services and fast and reliable fulfillment, while enhancing profitability.Primary Responsibilities:
- Structure project management approach and conducts milestone planning and sequencing across all Last Mile Delivery Projects and Capabilities, including Same Day Scheduled Delivery from Stores, Same Day/Scheduled Delivery - online ordering, and crowd-sourced delivery.
- Develop and administer timetables and coordinate resources to ensure that projects are completed on time and in service to the overall strategy.
- Delegate and influence across a diverse set of support and stakeholder groups, ensuring a common understanding of goals and objectives, and identifying and monitoring tasks to ensure timetables are met and resources are coordinated properly.
- Establish and lead daily, weekly or monthly project venues as needed.
- Monitor operations to evaluate results.
- Maintain reports and actively communicate project status across multiple forums and audiences by participating in GSCL PMO venues and maintaining project management tools including project timeline, communication plan, dashboards, decision logs, and risk analysis tools.
- Proactively identify risks and drive resolution to obstacles, in partnership with Senior leadership including Directors and Sr. Directors.
- Understand intersections and health of all projects related to the last mile delivery space.
- Identify opportunities for synergy and coordination with other efforts both within and outside of GSCL.
- Provide inputs to other future transportation functions, such as metrics development, analytics, and financial modeling.
- Support strategy and business case development on an as needed basis by conducting internal and external research and data analysis or contributing to white papers and other deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience managing wide scale projects in complex organizations.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects or programs and comfortability with project management tools
- Strong communication and facilitation skills that can be tailored to different audiences and environments
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and identifying paths from current to future statue
- Understanding of financial modeling
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts within a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Comfortable navigating and leading through ambiguous situations, across diverse stakeholders, and influencing without authority
- Experience in direct to guest fulfillment or last mile transportation
- Experience developing or launching new business capabilities
- Certifications:Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile credential