Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Works closely with BSE Project Managers and other sales staff to provide coordination services for the assigned projects in order to meet and exceed sales and gross profit objectives. Will manage the flow of material from the planning phase to the completion of each assigned project.
- Ensures quality customer support, through expediting, pricing, follow-up, returns, and other services, as required. May be required to interact with engineers and developers on given projects.
- Maintains the schedule of jobs being handled, maintains accurate database on current projects, and assists in assuring required specifications are met for all jobs in progress. Maintain a high level of teamwork and communication in ensuring a balanced workload within the team.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to customers. Actively participates in coordinating, analyzing, and acting upon information and feedback of customer needs, pricing, products, competition, and procedures.
- Provides assistance in purchasing functions, product evaluations, inventory management, pricing development, and other related services.
- Responsibilities may include all or some of the following; product application and support, procurement, material management, staging, kitting, storage, job site delivery, back hauling and project close out.
- After bid date, assists in following-up on quotations to clarify product specifications, assure outstanding issues are resolved, and develop schedules that will meet required deadlines.
- Responsible for the completion of each assigned project. Obtains orders and provides order entry, expediting, pricing, follow-up, and other value-added services, as required.
- Provide timely follow-up on technical inquiries and requests. May develop quotations and request bid/performance bonds for customers within company profit objectives and guidelines.
- May assist with negotiating with vendors for best pricing and best delivery of products to customers and/or jobsites.
- May be asked to assist Customer Financial Services staff to resolve customer-billing problems resulting from errors in the quotations process, pricing, shipping, deliver or other customer service/credit areas.
- Attends training programs, as required. May assist with trade shows, as needed.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 20 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 0 - 20 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require frequent standing and/or walking and or constant sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a business or trade degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of two years of prior customer service, quotation or sales experience with strong knowledge of electrical products and utility systems preferred.
- Technical ability to understand electrical systems and product applications with prior electrical distribution experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of product lines and applications, alternate product substitutes, and supplier pricing policies preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize and work well on a team.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), Internet and SAP software.
- Some travel is required.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?