Chief Marketing Officer
We are Progressive. We are Innovators. We are Collaborators. We are Driven.
Through 50 years of service, Walser Automotive Group has become a pioneer in the automotive industry. Walser's progressive commitment to growth, innovation, and the customer experience has changed the car-buying journey. We don't follow, we lead. Walser operates 25 dealerships and affiliated businesses throughout Minnesota and Kansas. Walser also leads by example. We volunteer. We donate. Walser Foundation puts 5 percent of its pre-tax profits right back into the community. That's because we live here, too. Walser is a family-owned, family-run business that believes in the work-life balance. Walser is committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience every time—that's what drives us. That's the Walser Way.
The Chief Marketing Officer oversees all activities in the marketing department and is responsible for the creation of innovative marketing strategies and its consumer-facing execution. The CMO will be tasked with defining and building the brand and ultimately increasing revenues by building awareness, increasing consideration, driving traffic and creating unprecedented loyalty.
The ideal Chief Marketing Officer possesses tremendous leadership and communication skills and has had proven success in innovative and traditional campaigns across the broad spectrum of the present-day marketing channels.
- Leadership: The Chief Marketing Officer will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and is accountable for the budget, activities and performance of the marketing/communications department. The CMO oversees the Marketing, Public Relations and Foundation departments.
- Strategy: The Chief Marketing Officer plays the leading role in consumer and brand strategy reviewing and approving all strategies and applications to ensure long-term competitiveness of Walser concept and business. The Chief Marketing Officer initiates and implements measurable strategies that aid in driving the business's revenue goals and increasing awareness at all levels of the business's reach.
- Collaboration: The Chief Marketing Officer will partner with both Retail and Corporate leaders to create plans and strategies that strengthen the Walser brand while driving traffic to the 23 retail stores in Minnesota and Kansas. The CMO will oversee all vendor relationships and ensure adherence to OEM program requirements.
- Digital: The Chief Marketing Officer plays a leading role in ensuring the establishment of first-class web/digital presence that will drive aggressive activity for the business and significantly assist in the acquisition and retention of the business's consumers. Digital spend must be monitored and defended via clear performance metrics.
- Brand Building/Story Telling: The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for the continuous development of the business's unique and compelling voice, which also aids in building awareness, uniqueness, relevance, esteem, and reputation among target consumers. The CMO ensures that the business' brand is strong and consistent in all marketing strategies and tactics. The Chief Marketing Officer also ensures that the brand's story is communicated creatively and dramatically to create differentiation within the retail automotive industry.
- Relationships: The Chief Marketing officer is tasked with establishing meaningful business relationships on behalf of the business. In this capacity, the Chief Marketing Officer broadens the business's reach and impact by leveraging cause marketing partnerships and establishes strong relationships with market influencers and media outlets.
- Spend Optimization: The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for ensuring advertising spend is optimized throughout every channel and that Walser is recognizing a return on the advertisement investment.
- 15+ years of a senior leadership experience in a consumer driven environment where marketing plays a critical role in driving business strategy. Experience managing a brand in a variety of channels and local market conditions is preferred, as is experience in an industry that demands speed, flexibility and fast turns
- A Deep understanding of connecting digital to a physical customer experience
- Track record of innovation in CRM / digital space
- Deep understanding of loyalty program design and administration and the optimal application of that data to segment and target customers
- Well-developed business acumen, including financial acumen. Profit and loss experience and effective budget management. Strong research orientation, both to assess competition and consumer trends
- Ability to build relationships and drive consensus with senior leaders
- An undergraduate degree from college or university is required, and an M.B.A is preferred. Someone known and respected in marketing circles, either through organization affiliations, publications and/or "expert" qualifications is required.