Sr Marketing Manager
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
About this Opportunity:The Senior Manager of Marketing Strategy & Planning develops the processes, tools, and training for the Marketing organization to execute the annual plan and drive accountability for performance and results throughout the organization including Marketing Leadership. This individual will facilitate collaboration across cross-functional internal and external partners (ranging from marketing partners to creative agencies to merchants) and help create an environment that promotes continuous improvement, increases consistency and performance of marketing. Additionally, the manager will plan and manage annual marketing budget for the organization along with managing processes related to marketing performance. Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for high-impact process improvement and cross-functional collaboration to ensure accountability and delivery of marketing results
- As appropriate and with the buy-in of the Marketing leadership team, identify, recommend, and/or lead the implementation of these opportunities, including facilitating and directing cross-functional implementation teams, in an effort to increase overall effectiveness of the marketing organization.
- Assess the organization's current Marketing capabilities against future Marketing objectives and requirements as well as external benchmarking, and formulates a strategy to build required competencies through training, internal development and recruitment.
- Plan and manage Target's annual marketing budget of over $1.5B in conjunction with Marketing Leadership and Marketing Finance, leveraging appropriate tools, resources, and teams to effectively and efficiently drive business and financial goals
- Manage marketing performance processes and measurement across channels and campaigns. Perform data analyses to develop recommendations to marketing leadership based on performance.
- Guide and reinforce delivery of Target Marketing Strategy and the Enterprise Strategic Roadmap including leading marketing's implementation of strategic transformation activities and strategic imperatives (e.g. demand management)
- Accelerate change through the marketing organization by applying change management concepts and methods to implement organizational strategies in order to meet business objectives
- Build cross-functional marketing relationships to create holistic, seamless and effective multi-channel work, including but not limited to Guest Insights, Media, Finance, ISM, Packaging, Promo/IM, Publicity, Events, Owned Brands, Target.com Presentation, Site Marketing, Digital channel owners, Creative buying, Print buying, Circular and multiple creative agency partners
- Facilitate small and large group (junior to senior management) meetings and discussions
- May coach/guide senior management and client teams in the implementation and use of developed processes and tools
- College degree required. MBA preferred
- 7-9+ years related work experience; agency, marketing, or brand management experience preferred
- A master collaborator who is able to inspire trust and confidence with a range of partners
- Strong financial acumen with ability to understand P&Ls and long-range planning
- Experience in change management and process improvement projects
- Someone who can easily connect the dots across multiple inputs including various business opportunities, requests, sources of insight, industry/ media trends and intuition/ experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A natural problem solver
- Strong project manager with the ability to develop and execute detailed timing and action plans and gather appropriate resources to deliver work on-time and on-budget