Market Specialist - Utility
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Supports the day-to-day responsibilities of Market Management including effective vendor relationship management, vendor performance reporting and analysis, vendor supply chain score-carding. Assists with material cross referencing, material sourcing and cost aggregation for SCS contract bid opportunities. Reviews costs for cost improvement comparisons and cost aggregation opportunities. Reviews inventory GMROI performance metrics and collaborates with vendors to optimize material forecasts and flow of goods. Distributes information on assigned vendor’s new products and product obsolescence notifications. Accumulates market data and trend information for use by sales and market management. Acts as a liaison between internal departments (Sales, Marketing, Regional Marketing, SCS, Purchasing and Pricing) to coordinate communication and collaboration regarding key vendor information. Essential Functions
- Supports market objectives as defined by the specific Market Manager.
- Supports Border States and vendor initiatives and communications consistent with strategic and marketing plan goals.
- Leverages technology, makes recommendations and determine bests practices.
- Supports the Utility Market Segment Manager in providing utility market commercial knowledge.
- Coordinates utility market bids ensuring competitiveness and that bid market feedback is closely monitored.
- Supports the Market Manager by providing market analysis on which to base our strategies to better capitalize on new Utility market opportunities.
- Works closely with other Market Managers, Specialists and Associates as required to achieve specific marketing goals and focused initiatives.
- Participates in vendor meetings and assist with documenting, analyzing and accomplishing action items related to vendor key performance indicator improvements.
- Analyzes key vendor performance by making comparisons with available benchmark metrics from other similar vendor for industry, product, market, and location.
- Achieves close working relationships with Inventory Planners and Pricing Associates to facilitate collaboration regarding changes and updates to SAP data and costing.
- Works with sourcing and pricing teams to review new costs.
- Ensures cost continuity with market levels.
- Identifies and implements vendor product training opportunities for the company.
- Coordinates and verifies accurate system sell pricing.
- Acts as the first point of contact for day-to-day market / product related questions.
- Analyzes inventory breadth and depth from a strategic, marketing perspective.
- Creates branch inventory templates for major lines.
- Uses inventory standards to ensure adequate branch inventory selection and stocking levels.
- Distributes vendor promotional collateral, vendor scripts, and portal text/images to Marketing Communications.
- Ensures the distribution and replenishment of assigned vendor product literature for assigned vendors.
- Coordinates, communicates and reinforces company preferred city desk practices, including product inventory, merchandising, displays and plan-o-grams.
- Selectively leads promotional development and facilitates communication and support of select multi-regional marketing promotions for assigned vendors.
- Follows-up all promotions with quantitative analysis coordinate rewards, and employee surveys to determine effectiveness.
- Works closely with Marketing Communications to meet project time lines and track the utilization of available market promotional funds.
- Drives internal communications with employees, including coordination with regional marketing resources/employees.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?