Alliance Sourcing Specialist
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
Responsibilities Essential Functions
- Supports and may lead BSE staff at corporate and branch levels with the development, coordination and maintenance of sourcing strategies relative to specific customer agreements and other major business changes utilizing most appropriate system resources and tools. This includes a focus on customer specific sourcing strategy development relative to proposals, implementations and regular sourcing and costing maintenance.
- Supports and may lead the identification and implementation of cost savings in conjunction with the appropriate branch personnel achieved through aggregation efforts for collection and reporting purposes as required by Alliance customer contracts and the company.
- Negotiates supplier pricing and sourcing terms with an objective to ensure competitive costs for BSE’s Alliance customers.
- Participates in the analysis of new Alliance sourcing, quote renewals, forward buys, and other Alliance Sourcing processes and will focus on sourcing data analysis relative to determining priority focus areas for BSE’s Alliance customers.
- Works closely with Alliance Pricing team along with the Marketing department to identify potential Alliance cost savings and appropriate sourcing strategies.
- Works closely with Supply Chain Services and branch staff to identify and understand customer specific sourcing management needs.
- Works closely with Pricing Specialists and appropriate BSE management to understand and integrate the sourcing tools being used internally with trends in Alliance customer sourcing management requirements.
- Analyzes large datasets and make recommendations to Analysts, branches, etc. Non-essential Functions
- Performs various data entry projects.
- Assists the development of sourcing management, tools, and processes as changing business needs are identified for Alliance customers.
- Gains industry/field experience through different branch/customer/manufacturer visits throughout the year Qualifications
- Minimum of a four-year business, technical, engineering or marketing degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience
- Prior customer service, sales or office administration experience with knowledge of operating variety of office equipment
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC of Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint), Internet, Email, and SAP software
- bility to read and write and speak in English preferred.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of pricing systems, process, procedures and methods.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?