Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
Facilitates daily purchasing and inventory management activities. Administers and coordinates the SAP purchasing and inventory system functions on assigned product families including, but not limited to, stock purchase orders, branch to branch stock transfers, MRP and forecasting, and related maintenance of SAP master records. Manages supply flow on assigned product families through consistent communication with applicable branch and supplier contacts. Utilizes inventory service management tools and other exception reports and tools to identify critical low inventory situations.
Improves inventory performance through reduction of overstock and non-stock inventories.
Analyzes inventory requests from sales or marketing teams and implement stocking parameter changes determined to be appropriate to support sales growth.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with branch sales, warehouse, and operations staff.
- Provides proactive and responsive support for branch staff and deliver excellent customer service in response to branch inventory requests.
- Responds to actual or predicted stock-outs and identify larger trends in supplier service levels that affect the supply chain.
- Monitors and takes steps to ensure healthy inventory service levels on high velocity items, cataloged items, and products important to key customers.
- Facilitates review, submission, and expediting of stock purchase orders.
- Makes trade-off decisions with respect to inbound freight expenses, inventory services levels and inventory turnover.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with suppliers and manufacturer’s representatives.
- Evaluates excess inventory on products or product families with low inventory turnover and takes action to improve inventory turns including: supplier returns, order point or order quantity adjustments, branch to branch stock transfers or sales promotion opportunities.
- Executes supplier return plans and negotiate to maximize return yields.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate
- Minimum four-year business or technical degree is preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Prior procurement, inventory management, or supply chain management experience with knowledge of electrical, utility, industrial products preferred.
- Competency with MS Excel or other spreadsheet application
- Previous knowledge of SAP or an MRP platform is preferred
- Solid understanding of Customer service and conflict resolution, purchasing, purchase order management and supplier returns, inventory management and stocking parameters, such as reorder points and lead times
- Multitasking, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged
- Requires the ability to lift over 20 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 20 lbs. on a constant basis.
- May require frequent standing, walking, and/or constant sitting.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?