Arena Attendant - FULL TIME
Days: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $13.00 / hr
The purpose of this position is to contribute to membership sales and retention; to oversee the functions of the ice arena, assisting members and guests in a professional, courteous, and service-oriented manner; and to provide service enhancements to members and guests.
- Actively pursues membership, ice arena sales and recruits members and guests into activities and events.
- Ensures membership retention, repeat daily guest usage, and referrals through a high level of member and guest service delivery and response.
- Greets members and guests and assists with questions and concerns. Provides quality customer service to members and guests by managing ice bookings, answering questions and providing assistance with concerns. Monitor the rink and room bookings. Coordinate skate rentals and collect fees based on established fee schedule. Assist members and guest with skate sharpening.
- Ensure quality ice resurfacing to accommodate various activities (hockey, figure skating and public skate) by marking and maintaining the ice surface. Drive and operate the ice resurfacer and various other types of hand operated tools and equipment. Responsible for the operation and care of the ice resurfacing equipment and monitoring the operation of the refrigeration systems. Assist with the cleanliness of the ice arena to maintain the arena in a neat and respectable condition at all times.
- Provides service enhancements to members and guests. Assists members with questions, concerns, and directions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record
- Minimum of two years ice arena and/or customer service experience
- C.P.R. and First Aid Certifications or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment