Senior Maintenance Technician
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown, and to determine if breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problems.
- Tests faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronics and equipment to diagnose the cause of the malfunction.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, and replaces/repairs defective components or equipment.
- Works with contractors or outside equipment representatives as needed.
- Submits purchase order requisitions for parts.
- Maintains records of repairs and work orders completed.
- Works with engineering and production regarding factory relayout planning and implements the relayout. Moves and sets up work stations/offices.
- Maintains and repairs facility infrastructure including plumbing and electrical systems, replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses. Trouble-shoots and repairs HVAC systems.
- May work with engineering or production on analyzing and making recommendations regarding equipment purchases.
- Mentors less senior Electronics Mechanics.
- Participates as part of the emergency response team. May assist outside emergency response teams.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in industrial electronics, machine maintenance or equivalent; and 5 plus years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience troubleshooting CNC and DNC electronic control systems, welding (stick or wire-feed), basic electrical work and plumbing, engine repair and drive â€“train components, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as their components.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must obtain a PIT license and First aid certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word; Excel spreadsheet software, internet software, email, and maintenance database software, MP2 software experience preferred.