Sr Graphic Designer
Primary function Design and develop branding for Target's portfolio of exclusive brands from concept to execution with a high taste level and standard of creativity.Principle duties & responsibilities
- Design world class creative for Target's own brands portfolio across multiple channels while working collaboratively with team and leaders.
- Motivated designer and strategic systems thinker who can operate in ambiguity on multiple projects.
- Demonstrates excellent graphic design and typography skills, photo art direction experience and expert knowledge of design tools.
- Specifies creative detail including brand overview, layout design, and photo and illustration direction.
- Oversees and executes various projects by
designing and/or and overseeing photo art direction, as well as electronic and print production details.
- Makes timely decisions for fast-paced projects
to meet deadlines.
- Involved in the selection and directing of external talent.
- Creates presentations and effectively presents to Leadership and Marketing teams.
- Stays current with the latest style, graphic, industry
and technology trends and applies to projects.
- May help with the selection and development of other team members.
- Reports to an Associate Creative Director.
- Partners closely with internal Target teams
and external partners.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating excellence in graphic design and a strong understanding and application of art direction.
- Effective visual and verbal presentation skills.
- Interpersonally savvy with strong listening skills.
- Open to feedback with ability to take direction.
- Action oriented with ability to prioritize and
- MAC applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Authentically and thoughtfully communicates and provides clear direction to internal and external partners to develop and execute creative work.
- Acts fearlessly and takes smart risks.
- Ability to handle high pressure/stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Commands career and personal development.