Computer Vision Lead
We are looking for a talented computer vision engineer with entrepreneurial spirit to join our small team and will be instrumental in the design and development of the next generation computational photography automation for Target. This role will play a lead role in the successful deployment and launch of automation 3D capture technologies and process. This individual must have exceptional software development and problem solving skills, strong business judgement, and demonstrated experience leading multi-functional teams. The position requires a subject matter expert in vision system technology, lighting, and computational photography applications. This individual must be capable of defining the requirements and specifications, as well as driving the design, development, validation and launch of complex automated solutions at scale with minimum supervision. It's a challenging but very rewarding role just made for driven individuals who are excited to take on large responsibilities and solve unique technical challenges. It's a role that will allow you to grow your own personal, managerial and technical skill-set inside of a large corporate retail company. This position will be in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Do:
- Strong hands on experience in machine vision technology 2D and 3D, hardware, software, lighting and vision image processing
- 6+ years of experience developing improvement initiatives, creating roll-out strategies, & deploying them across a global scale organization.
- Select, evaluate, test and potentially design 3D scanning and photogrammetry methods and systems.
- Apply mathematical techniques (geometry, linear algebra, numerical methods, and error analysis) and machine learning techniques to prototype and develop image processing algorithms for converting raw depth sensor data into point clouds, 2D and 3D tracking like SLAM, 3D point cloud reconstruction, registration and classification.
- Implement substantial portions of production code in C / C++, ,PLC / PC Based, MHI/Scada programming languages experience
- Generate and evaluate functional and design specifications.
- Participate in defining product requirements.
- Work with project leaders to define assignments, schedules, quality expectations, and other project criteria.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple ambiguous projects at the same time with a moderate degree of supervision.
- Ideate and prototype new content and experiences.
- May help to recruit and lead a team of other computer science engineers.
- Ability to travel to interact with internal and external business and technical partners.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences
- Must possess a strong background in Computer Vision / Graphics
- Experience with 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors
- Outstanding skills in C & C++ with experience in writing robust and maintainable production code
- Experience in developing computer vision/imaging and machine learning algorithms for embedded and non embedded platforms
- Knowledge of object classification, template matching, or other machine learning methods for computer vision
- Very comfortable with 3D computational geometry, linear algebra, statistics, numerical methods and error analysis
- Experience in optimization on GPU or other architectures (Metal, OpenCL, CUDA, SSE, NEON, or other SIMD)
- Experience with 3D meshes / Object reconstruction / registration / classification/ recognition
- Experience with 2D and 3D tracking algorithms such as SLAM
- Knowledge of WebGL/OpenGL/OpenCV/video codec/video processing
- Testing, documentation and verification of computer vision algorithms
- Training and evaluation of computer vision algorithms on large datasets
- Completion and deployment of significant computer vision projects in a commercial environment.
- Experience with existing computer vision libraries such as OpenCV, PCL, CGAL, etc.
- Experience with computational imaging / photography.
- Robotic technology is a strong plus.
- Prior experience involving 3D scanning of human body is a big plus.
- Has experience with Agile methods such as Scrum
- Camera and/or video pipeline knowledge and experience