Senior UI Engineer Creative
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Senior XR EngineerSimilar Industry Titles and Key Words: Senior Interactive Developer, Mobile Engineer, VR EngineerTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future. The challenges and scale are big. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to a newly created team that designs, develops and supports innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies and capabilities. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment and you'll have the stability and the commitment of a Fortune 40 company at your back. Use your skills, experience and creativity to bring groundbreaking thinking and a visionary approach to our high performance team. As a Senior UI Engineer you will:Work in a dynamic and creative team responsible for exploring uncharted and rapidly evolving domains. You love the idea of starting a project where there's tons of ambiguity and “code talks.” You love to learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of XR problem solving. You will be developing innovative and visionary new applications using emerging new technologies such as 3D, voice and gestures. You have a strong understanding of the current state of application development and user experience. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building XR experiences for ARKit, Vive, Daydream, Oculus, Gear VR, Hololens, Windows Mixed Reality, Playstation VR, and/or other major XR platforms with a portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills.
- Understanding of how XR can be applied in a variety of circumstances
- Experience building native mobile applications on iOS and/or Android
- Strong understanding of UX design challenges and best practices in XR with a passion for creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experiences.
- Experience collaborating with other engineers through direct communication, version control software (Git) and issue tracking (Jira)
- Strong generalist/hacker spirit who tinkers with various emerging technologies
- Amazing attention to detail, self-motivated and collaborative with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Enthusiasm for sharing your expertise and helping others to improve their skills.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Game development experience
- Experience with 2d/3d motion tracking
- Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
- Experience with speech and language understanding systems
- Explore new technologies in the retail and digital space
- Establish standards and best practices for you and the team to deliver clean, scalable, and maintainable code
- Collaborate with creative user experience and design to establish and drive the product vision
- Build & debug complex, production level applications using the latest technologie
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of design & be able to communicate with UX/XD effectively.
- Translate design requests into clean UI code.
- Be familiar with using REST web services & be able to talk about how they work as well as have an opinion about the pros and cons of REST APIs.
- Collaborate within a team of developers by contributing to code reviews, submitting & approving pull requests while also conforming to the team's accepted coding standards.
- Have a strong passion for solving problems, working fast & a drive to create highly interactive public facing apps.
- 4 year computer science, web development or equivalent degree
- 4+ years software development experience
- Experience/Familiarity with the following: React, Redux, Vue, Angular + Node.js, Swift, Kotlin, React Native, Git, Docker, or any unit testing framework
- Exceptional candidates will have some experience with: Unity, WebGL, Three.js