Sr Specialist STS - 3rd/Overnight Shift
JOIN US AS A SR. SPECIALIST STS Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Call Center, Transportation, Retail, Distribution, LogisticsAbout This OpportunityUse your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. You'll also help strengthen the organization by delivering a Target brand experience related to Distribution and Transportation and Stores Logistics operations by providing departmental assistance and processing daily workload as needed over the phone in a fast, fun, and friendly work call center environment. Primary FunctionAs a Sr. Specialist Transportation Support Team you provide operational support to Stores, Vendors, Carriers, and HQ partners related to movement of goods within the supply chain. Additionally, you may be responsible for daily freight routing within Target's network. Partners with leadership as well as internal and external contacts to resolve escalated issues and concerns. Remains aware of industry trends impacting the STS departments. Is proactive in identifying, reporting and correcting issues related to specific departmental system operation, vendor performance, department processes and team efficiency, and takes appropriate partners to address opportunities.As a Sr. Specialist STS you'll take the lead as you…
- Technical Knowledge: supports team, store members, vendors, and transportation partners with their technical needs in regard to system set up, troubleshooting, and process compliance. Maintain awareness of system and data issues as they occur and provide information to appropriate teams in a timely manner. Identify operational efficiency opportunities and provide feedback to the leadership team and Domestic Transportation partners.
- STS System Function: supports team members with their computer system research and transportation data adjustment needs. Acts as a resource for all team members for assistance in resolving systems issues across all operational areas when requested.
- General STS Operations Principals: possesses an extensive understanding of the basic principles of transportation support and routing. Maintains department performance standards and goals related to Quality and performance metrics. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to support people effectively in a tactful, positive manner.
- Business Partner Point of Contact: supports business partners by acting as a point of contact to resolve communication issues, transportation schedule escalations, and questions about best practices. Coordinate efforts of other STS team members to ensure rapid resolution to communication and other technical issues.
- Escalated Issue Resolution: research escalated issues and partner with key leadership, field, distribution, HQ Teams, Assets Protection, Stores, and/or Store Operations to determine opportunities based on findings. Drive resolution and manage the process for escalated incidents while demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills. Communicates directly with STS, store and field leadership/partners.
- Team Training and Development: assumes a role in the development, creation and editing of knowledge for the assigned STS team. Identifies training opportunities for the team.
- Special Projects: completes special projects as assigned by the leadership team. Supports new and existing projects and initiatives when appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer Service focused, ability to de-escalate issues
- Analytical and technical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growth environment with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and the ability to effectively support teams, vendors and guests
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented; ability to determine root cause of problems and identify global issues
- Ability to use various information sources to answer questions, identify problems and appropriately resolve issues
- Ability to effectively de-escalate issues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, meet deadlines and maintain an appropriate level of service
- Team player; models Target brand
- Skills in Microsoft programs, Word, Excel and Outlook, Visio and Project
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Experience with Logistics, Distribution, or Transportation
- Previous operation center experience