Sr Accountant, Fixed Assets
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, FIXED ASSETS
About This Opportunity
Responsible for the recording, reconciling, forecasting, and reporting of fixed asset activity for Target Corporation and special projects for Property Accounting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Adherence to Technical Accounting Guidelines: Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), federal, state, and local tax regulations, Target Corporation Financial Business Process Memo (BPM), and Sarbanes Oxley through accurate recording of fixed asset additions, disposals, and transfers for asset cost, accumulated depreciation, and depreciation expense balances.
- Reconciliations and Schedules: Responsible for timely and accurate completion of assigned monthly reconciliations as they relate to all fixed asset activity and in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley guidelines.Also responsible for timely and accurate completion of Quarter/Annual Close Schedules incorporated into external financial statements.Independently research all errors and/or variances and determine appropriate action steps to resolve issues while completing reconciliations and schedules.
- Forecasting: Partner with Target Properties Finance and Project Accounting to gather financial data required to calculate and forecast monthly Gain/Loss and Canceled Project expense.
- Impairments: Partner with Real Estate, Capital Finance and other finance teams to determine if impairments are needed for in use and held for sale assets. Ensure compliance with book and tax requirements.
- Closed Stores: Responsible for booking the appropriate impairments and/or accelerated depreciation for Target stores that are approved for closure.
- Excess Property: Partner with Real Estate to track and account for excess parcels Target is marketing for sale. Book the sales transactions when properties are sold and ensure accurate accounting between Held for Use and Held for Sale assets.
- Audit and Compliance Support:Assist with the preparation of audit schedules for both Internal and External auditors. Correspond with other Target departments to obtain information and supporting documentation for Auditors.
- Reporting: Uses a large variety of software tools to collect, summarize and analyze data to be used by many business areas, department leaders and key stakeholders.Develops reports to be executed on an ad hoc, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and presents the reports in methods consistent with available technology.
- Department Documentation: Create and maintain assigned department documentation.
- Special Projects: Complete special projects as assigned for Property Accounting.
- Supports the Fixed Asset System: Ensure Fixed Asset System data integrity through completeness andaccuracy requirements. Determine appropriate system maintenance required to properly account for fixed assets as required by GAAP and Internal Revenue Code
- Fixed Asset Maintenance Activities: Perform asset maintenance, including recording impairments and changing useful lives, and other maintenance activity if applicable.
- Fixed Asset Reporting Tools: Use SAP Fixed Assets and General Ledger BW, ECC and Bex Systems to complete reporting and maintenance responsibilities.
- Four-year degree in Accounting plus 3-5 years related experience
- Strong accounting skills, knowledge of GAAP related to capital and fixed asset accounting theory
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Team player and results oriented
- Technical accounting skills