Senior Analyst BI & Analytics
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ANALYST BI&A Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Business Intelligence, AnalystGather and analyze data to solve complex problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of the groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals of Target's Enterprise Data, Analytics and Business Intelligence Team (EDABI). As a Senior Analyst BI&A supporting the Space and Presentation business, you'll take the lead as you…
- Act as thought partner and interface with the Target business representatives to gather business requests for analysis and translate business questions into requirements.
- Work with product owners and business leaders to problem solve, define analytical requirements, data needs, scope of the project and verify it with clients, leaders and peers.
- Determine best method to gather, model, manipulate and present data.
- Perform necessary statistical analysis to support business needs. Design, develop, and deliver analytical solutions, resulting in decision support or models.
- Build visualizations of results and report requests to clearly articulate outcomes to business users at all levels.
- Clearly communicate to share knowledge and findings.Present results in a manner that the business partners can understand, ensuring interpretation meets business needs with appropriate detail and usability.
- Document analytical methodologies used in the execution of analytical request projects. Work with IT project teams on analytic solutions migrating to IT supported production solutions.
- BA/BS Required
- Quantitative related degree preferred (e.g. math, econ, statistics)
- 3-5 years relevant experience (e.g. reporting)
- Programming knowledge
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exposure to large data sets
- Technical coding skills + Engineering Knowledge and Skills
- Technical acumen of best method practices
- Experience/Exposure to: Visualization, Coding, business consulting, Database Architecture, Data Mining, Collaboration, Ability to use the various tools we are engaging: (SQL, Microsoft Access, Python, Hadoop, GitHub, HipChat, DB2 Host, Teradata Studio, R Studio, DataStream, Domo, Tableau)