Lead Engineer - Data
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will be responsible for technical design and development of near real-time data streaming ingest applications and integrations. If you are a Software Developers with a passion for Data, this opportunity is for you! Development will include applications to collection, aggregate, and visualize data to accurately depict the inventory of, and dependencies between, Target's technology inventory. Data will come from multiple sources, using multiple methods (SQL queries, API calls, Kafka topics). You'll also be responsible for exposing our aggregated data as a service for others to consume (API & Kafka). In this role, you will establish partnerships with key platform Service Providers (“X as a Service” teams) to ensure alignment and accuracy of information.
What your role will entail:
- Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Build and maintain a data platform that can answer the Operations, Security, and Technology ownership questions of Target's Technology inventory.
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Lead discussions with other engineers and partners to drive solutions that improve technology and data availability
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations to aid in creation of roadmap
- See and experience ALL of IT end-to-end and how it produces the capabilities our guests see and use
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- Excellent problem solving and partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mentor junior members on the team
- Strong experience with data stream processing, aggregation, normalization, and storage
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL and NoSQL (GraphDB, Mongo, Hadoop) databases
- Experience with API development (Java or Node preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and containers (GitHub, Drone, Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker)
- Able to create and communicate a technology vision
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 7-9 years total work experience
- Has knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education