LSC Janitoral Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $15.52 - $18.00 / hr based on qualifications
The purpose of the Environmental Services Area Supervisor position is to prepare, direct, and supervise the custodial team in the cleaning of casino gaming areas and company facilities. This is done to assure the safety and well-being of guests and team members and to create an environment that is welcoming to the guests when they are gaming. The Environmental Services Area Supervisor consistently treats all guests and team members with the highest respect and professionalism, while responding to their needs and requests.
Schedules to control labor costs. Controls inventory and waste/expense as related to supplies and equipment.
- Prepares, directs and supervises team assignments for the cleaning of company facilities.
- Inspects all gaming zones, public areas, team member areas, and company facilities according to written Guest Service and department cleaning service standards. Ensures optimum guest service delivery and positive guest interaction.
- Ensures that company and department policies and procedures are being followed by team members (cleaning service standards, appearance/grooming, personal conduct standards, guest service standards, safety, etc.).
- Coordinates team members to accomplish requested additional cleaning tasks (i.e. banquets, casino promotions, construction, guest requests, etc.). Supervises the wardrobe distribution function at LSC.
- Participates in the performance appraisal process, performs disciplinary actions, and is involved with terminations. Interviews, recommends hires and promotion of team members. This includes team member development to achieve a positive team member environment and job satisfaction.
- Supervises and assigns MaintiMizer and online maintenance work orders.
- Inspects storage areas, chemical closets, and inventory to ensure compliance with pre-determined levels and safety policies are being met.
- Supervises team members programs (team member incentives, mentor program, daily attendance program).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Two years specialized supervisor experience or two years building maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of HAZCOM and blood-borne pathogens.
- Excellent guest service skills
- Beginning experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, electronic mail software.
- Valid driver's license may be required with a good driving record (Mystic only)
- On feet or standing 100% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Exposure to fumes/odors.