Pricing Specialist Supervisor
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
Leads and supervises the day-to-day operations of the pricing team with focus on ensuring quality and accuracy in our SAP material costing, ensuring market relevance in pricing, price reconciliation with vendors and providing excellence customer service to branches and customers.
- Leadership in the acquisition, analysis, implementation, and management of material costs within the SAP ERP system.
- Responsible for the recovery and reconciliation of vendor rebate receivables.
- Monitors purchase cost accuracy and vendor invoices to resolve discrepancies.
- Leads team creating material master and vendor master records and ensuring master data quality in assigned functions.
- Leads vendor pricing audits as needed.
- Responsible for review of price changes from vendors for assigned lines (lists, nets, contracts, rebates) to understand impacts and ensure cost change diligence.
- Work with vendors to ensure appropriate justification provided for all price changes. Work to mitigate price changes that are not market relevant.
- Identify cost negotiation opportunities. Evaluate impacts of newly negotiated costs on sell price strategy.
Maintains collaborative relationships with Border States branch and corporate staff as well as assigned vendor contacts.
- Leads and supports key pricing and integration projects for the pricing & sourcing team.
- Monitors adherence to cost confidence initiatives, ensuring price accuracy and availability on active materials.
- Responsible for establishing and driving accountability to team goals consistent with company sourcing, cost management, profitability, process improvement and customer service objectives.
- Provides key input in pricing & sourcing department strategic and operating plans.
Complete training as needed.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a four-year business, technical, engineering or marketing degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years pricing, sourcing or relevant work experience preferred.
- Advanced supply-chain, leadership or relevant certification/training preferred (e.g. CSCP, CPIM, Six Sigma, CEP, CSP, CPP)
- Advanced technical knowledge of SAP and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English required.
- Demonstrates ability to exceed expectations of job duties in current or previous positions.
- Ability to lead, coach, develop strong teams and attract top talent
- Ability to establish goals, set expectations and ensure accountability to results
- Demonstrates ability to drive team allignment to core/strategic objectives.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pricing systems, processes, procedures and methods.
- Excellent customer service skills including consistent delivery of our core service excellence expectations of being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and deliver solutions.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, reading and analytical skills.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?