LDAR Monitoring Technician
Position Purpose Statement
The Monitoring Technician, using an analyzer and electronic data recorder, is responsible for accurately monitoring components on an assigned route within an industrial facility. The Monitoring Technician is also responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance of the analyzer, as well as identify leads and process leak tags.
The Monitoring Technician reports directly to a Field Supervisor at an assigned customer site. However, the Monitoring Technician works closely with management to maintain customer requirements and satisfaction while ensuring that the company’s goals and standards are met. He/She must use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to develop effective partnerships to meet mutual goals and objectives, demonstrating a strong ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Using a portable analyzer and electronic data collector, responsible for monitoring components in an industrial environment to detect emissions from process equipment.
- Performs monitoring activities for an assigned route within a prescribed period of time, ensuring all components are accurately monitored and reported.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance. Makes minor mechanical adjustments when situations arise.
- Identifies leaks and processes leak tags
- Completes daily upload of monitoring activity to the customer database and completes daily emissions monitoring reports– must have basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate daily equipment changes with office personnel
- Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, planning work and carrying out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance and undertakes additional responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes. Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action, considering resources, constraints and company values.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work to meet assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Must be team oriented with a commitment to working effectively with the Operations group or those outside formal lines of authority to accomplish both organizational and customer goals.
- Safety-oriented attitude with a true commitment to personal safety, as well as the safety of others is a must.
- Must be willing/able to don respiratory protection equipment for extended periods of time
- Must be reliable/dependable with reliable transportation.
- Ability to climb and work at heights up to 300ft.
- Extensive walking required.
- Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of physical exertion for extended periods.
- Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities a plus.
- Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful, but not necessary.