Director, Office of Management and Budget, State of North Dakota
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Director, Office of Management and Budget
State of North Dakota
Location: Bismarck, ND
Closing date: November 30, 2017
The director leads the department of OMB and is a member of the ND Governor’s Cabinet. The OMB mission is to provide innovative leadership and support to state government, setting the standard for strategic leadership and expertise in state government.
The director provides analysis, planning and financial guidance across all government agencies, prepares the executive budget and revenue forecasts, communicates with the legislative body and oversees five divisions: Central Services (procurement, central duplicating, surplus property), Facility Management, Fiscal Management (accounting, budgeting, payroll), Human Resource Management Services, and Risk Management.
We invite you to apply to join our high performing team that values collaboration, respect, high energy and gratitude.
- Lead the creation and management of the biennial executive state budget.
- Communicate, engage and build relationships with diverse stakeholders including government agencies and legislators.
- Recommend and implement emerging and innovative practices and technologies to maximize effectiveness.
- Fulfill OMB statutory responsibilities.
- Consult with and guide state agencies on fiscal policy, accounting and budgeting.
- Chair the advisory council on revenue forecasting and lead the forecast process.
- Liaise with rating agencies.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in finance, accounting, business administration, or related fields plus 10 years executive management experience.
- Track record of building effective teams, innovation and process improvement.
- Highly effective communication and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in public and private sector, finance, fiscal policy development/administration or equivalent is desirable.
Apply online via: https://www.nd.gov/omb/public/state-jobs/current-openings