Lead UI Engineer - Data, Analytics, and BI (Greenfield)
JOIN US AS A LEAD UI ENGINEER IN OUR ENTERPRISE DATA, ANALYTICS & BI TEAM (Greenfield)Similar titles: Software Developer, Lead UI Software Engineer, Lead BI Developer, Front End EngineerAbout This OpportunityJoin Target's leading edge Data, BI & Analytics team where your goal is to make the shopping experience as simple, secure and enjoyable as possible. You'll design and develop solutions that drive sales and innovation while creating a fast experience that inspires guest loyalty.As a Lead UI Engineer (full stack), you'll take the lead as you work to deliver the next generation of BI Analytics reporting frameworks for Target. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals as you:
- Design, build and deliver high quality & innovative solutions using React, Druid, big data, Hadoop, Java and other common BI Tools for product lines working in partnership with a Product Manager and BI teams
- Analyze business direction and problems, understand long term vision and develop solutions and applications to enable strategic goals
- Effectively lead technology discussions with business partners and other external parties.
- Actively participate in Agile delivery with product release cycle, daily stand up, design and code reviews
- Mentor and provide proactive technical oversight, advise development teams fostering re-use, design for scale, stability, and operational efficiency of data/analytical solutions
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Product Managers, and development team for individual products
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for building cross product data assets to optimize for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Keep current with technology and contribute towards IT blueprint, frameworks and technologies that would benefit us and improve our productivity.
- Demonstrated experience with design, development and implementation of scalable solutions using React (or Angular) connecting to Hadoop (Cloudera or HortonWorks preferred)
- Development experience with Teradata, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL or any other query language
- Coding experience with Java and/or Python
- Practical experience building and delivering high quality front end interfaces in a variety of tools and frameworks in large scale production environments
- 2+ years Hadoop platform experience with overall experience in software development
- Exposure to Druid, Map reduce, HBASE, SQOOP, Hive, Spark, Hadoop Connectors, Linux, knowledge of Kafka, building API, and NoSQL
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile development model