Accounts Receivable Cash Management Associate
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Perform all duties related to the Accounts Receivable Cash Management function and the maintenance of related files, records, and computer processing such as, but not limited to, processing mail, supporting the daily deposits function, processing credit cards, balancing petty cash and postage stamps accounts, daily bank reporting activities, ACH deposits, daily cash management sheet, wire transfers, importing lockboxes, recommending process improvements, answering phone calls and making trips to the bank as needed.
- Create daily cash sale deposits, manual deposits and apply customer payments to the appropriate accounts.
- Apply payments to outstanding accounts receivable.
- Retrieve, review and import lockbox files.
- Monitor NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) checks.
- Assure the transfer of payroll funds from the general fund.
- Review and complete FI non-material documents.
- Process customer credit card payments.
- Retrieve, reconcile and maintain information to support daily processed customer credit card transactions.
- Open daily mail, determine business task needed and process accordingly.
- Support the monthly financial statement activities, reclassify postings as needed, and reconcile selected general ledger accounts.
- Handle phone calls received in the department.
- Compile and provide daily bank account position to selected BSE Board members. Notify bank of any advance or pay downs needed.
- Provide back up for other positions, as needed. Handle questions from employees and customers and assists with training coworkers.
- May be responsible for training new staff.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 20 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 0 - 20 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require frequent standing and/or walking and or constant sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Adheres to BSE’s Mission, Values, Culture, Policies and Procedures. Performs all aspects of the job as accurately and efficiently as possible while providing exceptional customer service at all times. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a two-year accounting degree preferred.
- Prior Accounts Receivable or Accounting experience helpful. Strong knowledge of business office procedures including data entry skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Prefer good working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Internet, and SAP software.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?