Sr Auditor, Compliance
JOIN US AS AN SENIOR AUDITOR, COMPLIANCE - INTERNAL AUDITAbout This OpportunityTarget is a growing, innovative leader in the retail industry. As Target continues to invest in infrastructure, stores and the digital environment, change is the new constant. Work with the teams that complete independent and objective assurance activities designed to add value and improve the organization's operations. Help Target accomplish business objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. You will find a wide variety of positions, plenty of opportunities for professional growth, and broad exposure to all parts of the company.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of shaping the vision and future of the Internal Audit team. As a Senior Auditor on the Internal Audit team, you will…
- Lead the development and execution of compliance audit plans that identify risks and areas of control improvements.
- Lead and provide risk-insight to cross-functional audits of compliance, financial, operational, and technological processes by assessing risk, and evaluating design and effectiveness of controls.
- Develop and communicate ideas for control improvements to audit leadership and business owners.
- Review remediation results with business partners to ensure plans have been completed and address identified risks.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with compliance business owners to understand risk within their environment.
- Assess key risks within a continuous audit plan development process by remaining current with industry trends and emerging risks, consulting with internal and external business owners, identifying and assessing risks within the environment.
- Manage and execute special projects as assigned by leadership.
- Four year college degree (accounting or finance preferred)
- Four to six years of audit, public accounting or related risk and controls experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing projects, including budgeting, planning, scoping, monitoring progress, status reporting, meeting deadlines and reporting results
- Demonstrated critical thinking and exercise auditor judgment
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to work with a flexible, results oriented environment
- Ability to work independently with high level of initiative and provide direction to others
- Ability to use data and analytics to support ongoing audit activities