Director, Small Formats
JOIN US AS A DIRECTOR, SMALL FORMATSAbout This OpportunityA role with our team means working on our small-format stores which are often placed in vibrant urban environments or in partnership with university campuses. Within 50,000 square feet or less, you and your team will help identify the just-right product mix. Your localization expertise and ability to deeply understand our various guests' needs and how to exceed them.This role is responsible for program management, communication and improving results of existing small format stores. As a part of that role, this individual will be expected to create and drive scale initiatives to improve capacity among the broader cross functional team. Work closely with partners across the organization including Finance, Properties, Stores, Marketing and Merchandising.
- Responsible for broad program management, providing direction and creating accountability for cross functional partners numbering over 160+ TM's. Oversees development of program management process and tools (e.g. Learning Plan) to advance our work, quickly iterate, and remove roadblocks
- Develop communication vehicles & content to provide updates to stakeholders, the broader organization, leadership team and the board.
- Improve communication processes and tools between HQ and Stores
- As the number of existing small format stores grows, focus on improving the performance in these unique stores and leveraging those learnings as we plan new stores.
- Lead work focused on improving sales and profitability while optimizing expenses
- Lead a cross-functional team in assessing, defining, and developing scale capabilities needed for format buildout and optimization
- Coordinate across stakeholders, and identify dependencies across group and with broader organization; define future operating model needs for Small Formats that would impact our Team, Core Merchandising, Our Stores Organization and Key Support Partners
- Partner with Merch Transformation to ensure new tools and processes are developed with Small Formats in mind. Improve feasibility associated with the ability to localize assortments
- Support development and career planning for Small Format team
- Develop and create test & learn culture to quickly test ideas and adjust; align short and long term goals to capitalize on this approach
- Four Year College Degree
- 5-7 years merchandising experience
- Experience leading a team
- Experience driving a large enterprise wide initiative
- Strategic and innovative (able to take a step back, be creative, push boundaries, prioritize and guide thinking )
- Encourage testing, learning, and iteration
- Outstanding communication - both in presenting and the development of content for presentations.
- Synthesizer with an analytical mindset (able to balance between art and science)
- Ability to leverage analytics to drive strategy development and identify success metrics
- Enterprise mindset with strong cross-functional leadership and organizational influence to operate effectively across areas
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results quickly