Office Manager & Administrative Assistant
Land Bank Twin Cities Job Posting
The Land Bank Twin Cities, Inc. is seeking an Office Manager & Administrative Assistant.
The Office Manager & Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily management of office operations, the office space, its equipment, and related systems. This position also provides administrative support to all staff.
The Land Bank Twin Cities captures strategic real estate opportunities to benefit people with low to moderate incomes, prioritizing people of color and populations facing barriers. Because we envision a time when all people have the opportunity to live and prosper in a community of their choice, we work to give mission-driven organizations the edge in real estate. We serve developers, nonprofit service providers, and government through brokering, land banking, and lending, to the benefit of our mission. The Land Bank Twin Cities, Inc., a nonprofit organization.
The following is not an exhaustive list of the duties of the Office Manager & Administrative Assistant position; rather, it is a broad description of the work and major performance requirements.
The Office Manager & Administrative Assistant principally manages the office, IT, performs reception duties, and provides administrative assistance to staff to support the organization.
- Select and maintain printers, copiers, telephone systems, furniture and supplies to meet needs and stay within budget.
- Serve as primary point of contact with building management and janitorial service company for general communications.
- Maintain related vendor relationships to ensure office system and supply needs of organization are met.
- With assistance of out-sourced IT provider, select and maintain internal and external IT systems for organization, including hardware/machines, software/applications, licensing, domains, data storage and access, and related security.
- Serve as first level of troubleshooting for staff and primary point of contact with IT provider.
- Maintain related vendor relationships to ensure IT needs of organization are met.
Reception and General Office:
- Greet and assist all office visitors.
- Receive all calls; assist, forward, record and convey appropriate messages.
- Prepare, retrieve and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Ensure order and cleanliness of general office areas including greeting area, meeting rooms, kitchen, copy area and storage.
- Provide administrative support to the organization.
- Create, edit and update documents and forms as requested.
- Compile, store and retrieve organizational and program files and data as requested.
- Provide meeting support, including room reservations, setup, refreshments, greeting guests, takedown.
- Assist President with appointments and communications as directed.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Perform research and other administrative duties as requested or assigned.
- Maintain a good understanding of the big-picture activities and goals of the Land Bank Twin Cities while attending to individual responsibilities and tasks.
The Land Bank Twin Cities seeks a cordial individual who possesses experience in and knowledge of the office operations of smaller organizations; strong skills in organization, written and oral communication, documentation, problem solving; proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products; ability to work independently, in a courteous and professional demeanor, cooperatively and constructively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds, to gather information and meet requirements while working within deadlines, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a detail-oriented manner. Minimum education of an Associate’s Degree, or post-high school equivalent training, and minimum of two years transferable experience in office management, IT, and administrative assistance. Bachelor’s degree and at least three years transferable office management experience, and familiarity with nonprofits, is preferred. A successful candidate will have the professional experience, skills, and commitment needed to work with the Land Bank Twin Cities and our partners as we work to realize our mission.
The Land Bank Twin Cities will offer a competitive wage and benefits package, to be negotiated with the Manager of Human Resources. This 37.5 to 40 hr/wk, non-exempt position reports to the President. The Land Bank Twin Cities is an equal opportunity employer.
Process and Time Frame
Interested individuals should submit a letter of application outlining their qualifications and relevant professional experience along with a resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting job
#2017001.01. Information received through Monday, December 18, 2017, will be considered.