Utilities Division Support Specialist
Status: Full-time regular position, non-exempt
Salary: Starts at $24.26 - $27.99 per hour (Depending upon qualifications)
Benefits: Qualifies for full-time benefits date of hire
Location: City Center
Hours: Standard business hours (7am-3:30pm), may vary based on business needs
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Utility Operations Manager
Public Works Department
The Public Works Department is comprised of Engineering, the Water Treatment Plant, Utility Field Operations, Street Maintenance, Fleet Services, and Environmental Services. The department is responsible for the environmental management, design, construction, and maintenance of the street, water, sewer, and drainage infrastructure systems in the community.
The Utilities Division Support Specialist ensures smooth operations by supporting the water treatment staff, field operations staff, and division leaders. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
- Develops and maintains positive partnerships with residents, contractors, vendors, co-workers, and the public; provides excellent customer service by responding to individuals, businesses and government organizations in a polite, timely and professional manner.
- Provides administrative support for Utility Operations Manager, Supervisors, and staff; readily uses automation to develop reports, spreadsheets, charts, schedules, forms, and data bases to optimize record keeping and data management; drafts letters and correspondence; maintains division files in accordance with standard record keeping practices.
- Creates an exceptional brand experience to the public and co-workers; provides administrative and project planning support for various internal and external events, projects and meetings; coordinates trainings including space and equipment needs; manages annual uniform program; supports annual reporting program.
- Schedules commercial and residential water meter reading, meter repairs, and customer service visits; prepares automatic meter reading (AMR) routes, inputs digital mapping changes, and utilizes specialized software for the maintenance, inventory, and tracking of utility operations, water meters, and accounts.
- Provides support and records management for staff and division leaders; tracks, inventories, and issues temporary water meters; records usage, receives meters, and collects fees.
- Coordinates directly with consultants and technical services for utility automation support and development.
- Assists the department with administrative tasks by maintaining office supplies and general use products, coordinating copy machine maintenance, placing facility service orders, obtaining quotes for services and supplies, performing mail distribution; provides technical support by compiling reports and updating calendars.
- Provides work direction and guidance to part-time, seasonal staff assigned to support administrative management projects as required.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.
Education: Related associates degree or two-year technical degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of three years general administrative experience required (experience must be within the last five years). Previous administrative experience with Public Works/Utilities preferred.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) and Adobe Acrobat required; advanced word processing and composition skills required, a cover letter and resume must be attached with application; MS Access experience preferred. Strong math skills required.
Physical Effort: Physical effort is light for the majority of work with lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently. Report preparation and writing at times requires extended use of a keyboard.
Working Conditions: Most work is performed in a normal office environment. Occasionally drives to pick up food or office supplies, or to attend off-site meetings. Position may involve calming emotionally charged individuals.
City of Eden Prairie Expectations
All employees are expected to contribute to the success of our organization by demonstrating the shared expectations: Customer Focus, Flexibility, Initiative, Results Orientation, Public Stewardship, and Teamwork.
Position Specific Expectations
Communication: Able to convey a message to get a point across; communicates in a clear and concise manner; able to write clearly and succinctly; tailors message to a variety of communication settings and styles.
Attention to Detail: Able to find errors in work and solve problems; anticipates issues and performs at a high level of accuracy; sets up systems to ensure errors are not repeated.
Accountability: Follows through on commitments; focuses on appropriate tasks throughout the shift; takes responsibilities for actions both as an individual and on behalf of the organization; actions and words are in sync; follows all policies and procedures; maintains confidentiality; is prepared and punctual to all scheduled shifts.
Organization: Ability to coordinate several activities, responsibilities, and tasks simultaneously in a polite and professional manner; prioritizes what needs to get done; keeps things neat and orderly; utilizes tools for efficiency; factors several considerations when planning; establishes methods to ensure routine tasks are completed.
Composure: Exhibits self-confidence and asserts self appropriately to advocate a point of view; maintains professionalism while under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; maintains balance even when unexpected circumstances arise; able to identify and manage crisis situations; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
Problem Solving: Ability to tackle a problem by using logical, systematic, sequential approach; makes a systematic comparison of two or more alternatives; notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information; identifies a set of features, parameters or considerations to take into account in analyzing a situation or making a decision.
City of Eden Prairie Pre-employment Process
The City of Eden Prairie conducts the following pre-employment checks for the Utilities Division Support Specialist:
- Professional Reference Checks
- Criminal History Check
- Education and work history verification
All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the pre-employment process before their first day of employment.
City of Eden Prairie Application Timeline
To apply, please go to www.edenprairie.org and click on the employment tab on the top of the page.
Position Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017
Application Deadline: December 11, 2017 at 4:00pm
Review Applications: Week of December 11, 2017
First Round Interviews: Week of December 18, 2017
Final Round Interviews: Week of January 1, 2018
Potential Start Date: End of January