Product Designer - Apps
Senior Product Designer (UX Designer) - AppsThe Senior Product Designer (Apps) is responsible for defining and documenting guest experiences across all mobile applications to build world-class experiences for Target guests. The product designer will craft UX strategy, participate in product discovery through testing and research, sketching concepts, defining information architecture, building prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners. The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clear, high-quality designs articulating complex data-driven and user-focused systems.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Create a world class iPhone and/or Android app for Target that harnesses digital technology and Target store capabilities to serve our guest.
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Support the Lead and Principal Designers in your product area with all Discovery tasks - generating new concepts and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test those ideas, support and conduct UX research, pivot quickly to new directions
- Follow through on delivery: own production design with an eye for detail and efficiency to create detailed design documents and assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing.
- Assist with maintaining a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- 4+ years experience in digital software product work with emphasis in UX Design, Interface Design and interaction design.
- Experience designing native mobile apps (iOS and/or Android).
- Expert skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Sketch, Invision, Proto.io, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to partner with research expert