Digital Project Manager
Digital Project Manager
Posted Date 1 month ago(12/19/2017 2:31 PM)
Number of Openings 2
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330008
Department/Unit Marketing, Insights and Communications
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
Special Instructions Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Digital Project manager position within the Marketing, Insights, and Communications department.
The Digital Project Manager will be responsible for managing a variety of aspects involving and not limited to the University's intranet (serving 25,000 people). This position will be responsible for content management, training, governance, and overall maintenance. In addition, this position will be part of a task force that will prioritize enhancements and manage internal promotions of the site.
- Manages key functions of governance, training, maintenance, and migration of new sites onto the University of St. Thomas's intranet – One St. Thomas. The digital project manager will also be responsible implementing an editorial calendar that ensures content is up to date and aligned with the University's strategic priorities.
- The digital project manager will be charged with creating a migration and training timeline for the University, ensuring all deadlines are met based on set priorities. This position will also be responsible for conducting training sessions.
- Manages a team of front-end developers and xxx. Mentors a team of three, full-time employees and a team of student interns. Monitors workloads to ensure capacity is available to deliver high quality digital products for the University's community. Assesses current processes and updates as needed to increase efficiencies within workflow. Uses status meetings, walk-throughs, code reviews, coaching, and other means to provide direction to the development team. Communicates with the internal team and deploys resources as appropriate.
- Provides direction in the selection, implementation and deployment of technologies and programs that support web technology related needs and projects, such as websites, web tools, mobile solutions, digital marketing, content management and social media applications. Conducts usability testing at appropriate times and ensures that proper changes are made to final-end projects to ensure design is user centered.
- Ensures proper change management and testing protocols are followed, and incorporates user testing as needed. Ensures UST brand, accessibility, and legal standards are followed in University web-applications.
- Represents MIC team in high profile University-wide internal digital initiatives.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field and five years of relevant professional digital media experience.
- Experience managing large complex projects spanning multiple internal departments.
- Strong communication skills. Comfortable presenting complex information to senior leadership.
- Management/supervisory experience required.
Preferred qualifications: Experience working with agencies, or within internal communications. Experience managing a large, complex intranet using the tool Unily or Sharepoint.
Knowledge of: Tools such as Git, Gulp, SASS, and SVN. Conducting usability testing at appropriate times and ensuring that proper changes are made to final end-products to ensure design is user-centered. Advanced computer knowledge, (Microsoft Suite: Excel, PowerPoint).
Skill in: Strong skills moving technology teams away from tactical operation issues and towards strategic feature development. Dedicated problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where multiple releases are a fact-of- life. Comfortable evangelizing web technologies across the organization. Strong writing, presentation and strategic and analytical thinking skills. Problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions. Organized and detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through.
Abilities: Willingness to push the bounds of client-side web development with the goal of creating a unique experience for users. Ability to communicate with simplicity and influence broadly. Able to work independently and have excellent time management skills.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than "Jobs at St. Thomas", the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Special Instructions to Candidates
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.