IT Development Manager
The IT Development Manager is responsible for the technical development and support of Border States Applications. The IT Development Manager will partner with a cross functional team responsible for supporting and delivering new applications across multiple technical frameworks including SAP ERP, web and mobile. This role will require a passion for mentoring others and for continual improvement across Border States people, processes and technology. Responsibilities
- Lead and supervise the IT Development staff with emphasis on building a strong team in the spirit of the corporate values and culture including coaching, communicating and delegating Responsibilities. Establishes and communicates the department or company’s goals, mission and vision. Initiates and conducts periodic staff meetings. Conducts one-on-one feedback meetings with staff to ensure employees are performing job Responsibilities and are meeting established goals and the company’s high quality standards.
- Ensures the employees are fully trained and qualified to complete their position Responsibilities and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures. Provides timely performance feedback and evaluations including salary reviews and adjustments. Maintains up-to-date employee records and documentation. Accountable for complete documentation regarding employee performance, disciplinary or any other employment related issues, in a timely manner. Responsible for hiring activities and termination process, as appropriate.
- Lead a Team of 10+ developer to deliver new applications, features and support for Border States software applications.
- Analyze and implement software development policies to continually increase transparency, improve efficiency, increase quality and set development standards.
- Plan, manage and execute project plans and delivery commitments.
- Continually monitor technology trends and their impact to Border States; identify technology, skillset and resource gaps and develop proposals to close gaps.
- Develop plan and lead the implementation of Agile SDLC
- Develop external vendor partnerships to allow Team to scale to meet peak demand periods.
- Adheres to BSE’s Mission, Values, Culture, Policies and Procedures. Performs all aspects of the job as accurately and efficiently as possible while providing exceptional customer service at all times. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, math or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ Years of experience SAP ABAP or other ERP preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing software development team(s).
- 5+ years of experience with Agile SDLC
- iOS/Android development experience a plus.
- Experience developing and/or leveraging middleware, APIs, and Integration frameworks.
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced development teams.
- Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple departments and managerial levels).
- Demonstrate knowledge of software development best practices for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?