As a Scribe, you will:
• Accompany provider(s) on patient visits and efficiently document the encounter.
• Exhibit excellence in medical terminology and billing & coding knowledge in all documentation.
• List all proper admission or discharge diagnoses as well as follow-up care instructions as dictated by provider.
• Successfully navigate the location-specific Electronic Medical Record (or EMR) system to input documentation.
• Make and receive phone calls on behalf of provider(s).
• Inform provider(s) when diagnostic studies are completed, prepare for review, and document in EMR.
• Multi-task efficiently and effectively as required.
• Work under pressure, within time constraints. Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
• Exhibit excellent listening skills.
• Concentrate on the needs of the provider(s) throughout entire shift.
• Understand and observe legal concepts (e.g. HIPAA, confidentiality).
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Hours will be Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30pm
• High School diploma
• Some college preferred
• At least 18 years of age
• Ability to type at least 50 wpm
• Experience in the medical/healthcare industry preferred
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment. PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.